Subject: Re: Collocation of VLBI and DORIS
From: ORSONI Alain <[email-masked]>
To: Ed Himwich <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 11:08:59 +0100

Hi,

The DORIS 3.0 beacon includes possibilities to stop transmissions 
without loosing its parameters and time (stand-by function). 
The most simple way to activate this function is a short circuit 
on the front panel which can be used in the same way as an external 
switch, but this possibility requires a cable running from the 
beacon to the switch, so the distance is limited.
Another possibility is external control through a computer. 
This possibility is implemented in the beacon (reception of 
commands through the RS232 input line). The current possibilities 
are direct control through RS232 line (short distance) and modem 
connection (any distance).Soon will be available a software 
allowing to use a network connection to control the beacon.
Let me know which kind of solution is the most efficient for you, 
and we can communicate to try to adapt something suitable.

Best regards,

Alain ORSONI