Subject: TOPEX informations
From: Jean-Jacques Valette <[email-masked]>
To: eleonora Yagudina <[email-masked]>
Cc: gilles Tavernier <[email-masked]>, laurent Soudarin <[email-masked]>, martine Feissel-Vernier <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 10:30:14 +0200

Dear Eleonora,

Hope you have a nice trip back to Saint Petersburg. As discussed in Paris 
at the IDS meeting here are some complementary information about the TOPEX 
satellite and its attitude.

--------------
/ TOPEX info /
--------------

In attached file, a summary of the satellite physical parameter 
characteristics. I'm going to send to you by mail a copy of a CNES document 
(in french as I told you) that describes the attitude.
The Reference is "C. Valorge. La loi d'attitude de Topex. Logiciel 
d'orbitographie ZOOM. TE/IS/MS/MO/088. CNES, 20/02/1992."

You will also find some interesting publications in the following Internet 
links :

Bruce Shapiro, Ram Bhat, and Ray Frauenholz, "Using Anomalous Along-Track 
Forces to Control the TOPEX/Poseidon
Ground Track," Paper AAS-94-165, AAS/AIAA Spaceflight Mechanics Meeting, 
Cocoa Beach, Florida, Feb. 1994.
http://www.bruce-shapiro.com/publications.html

Frauenholz R. B., T.W. Hamilton, B. E. Shapiro and R. S. Bhat. The role of 
anomalous satellite-fixed accelerations in TOPEX/POSEIDON orbit 
maintenance. AAS/GSFC International Symposium on Space Flight Dynamics, 
April 1993, AAS 93-570.
http://www.bruce-shapiro.com/pubs/1991.AIAA.Durango.pdf

Jean-Jacques
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jean-Jacques VALETTE ([email-masked])
    COLLECTE LOCALISATION SATELLITES
    8-10 Rue Hermès
    Parc Technologique du Canal
    31526 Ramonville-Saint-Agne Cedex
    FRANCE
    Tel (+33) 05.61.39.47.62
    Fax (+33) 05.61.39.48.06
    <http://www.cls.fr>http://www.cls.fr
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------