Subject: Re: updated coordinates for BELB, CROB, JIUB and others
From: Pascal Willis <[email-masked]>
To: "John C. Ries" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Frank Lemoine <[email-masked]>, Jayles Christian <[email-masked]>, Nikita Zelensky <[email-masked]>, Eelco Doornbos <[email-masked]>, Jean-Francois Cretaux <[email-masked]>, Ramesh Govind <[email-masked]>, Serguei Kuzin <[email-masked]>, Eleonora Yagudina <[email-masked]>, Petr Stepanek <[email-masked]>, Martine Feissel <[email-masked]>, Herve Fagard <[email-masked]>, Zuheir Altamimi <[email-masked]>, Jean-Jacques Valette <[email-masked]>, Gilles Tavernier <[email-masked]>, Granier Jean-Pierre <Jean-Pi
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 07:27:37 -0700

Hi John,

thanks for your message. It is good to see that we can all agree on 
new stations coordinates for POD purposes at a few centimeters even 
after a very limited period of observation.

In my opinion, as described in the following paper, your test will be 
best suited for stations that have a latitude close to the satellite 
inclinaison :

Parameter sensitivity of TOPEX orbit and derived mean sea level to 
DORIS stations coordinates, Morel L , Willis P , NEW TRENDS IN SPACE 
GEODESY , ADVANCES IN SPACE RESEARCH 30 (2): 255-263 2002

I agree with your conclusions and your choice. The velocity is not 
yet critical but it could become within the next year or two. There 
may be a need for an update on that too in the future.

Best regards
Pascal