Subject: Re: [ids.analysis.forum] TOPEX/DORIS POD - large residuals detected for2004-267=SEP-23-2004
From: "John C. Ries" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 23:06:48 -0500

>Hello,
>
>We have also observed important residuals during sept. 23-25 2004, on
>the standard MOE (cf. mail from Christian Jayles) and POE.
>
>Our elimination of the measurements during the preprocessing phase is
>not so sensitive to orbit errors. Maybe, we have rejected a little bit
>more measurements due to the non representativity of the MOE adjusted
>orbit (dynamic behaviour of the satellite). Anyway, we think that the
>delivered measurements are correct.
>
>The important rms observed in the residual is due, for us, to the bad
>dynamic modelisation during the manoeuvers. The way to overcome this
>problem is to improve the knowledge on the thrusts, which are
>distributed along the test period, and perform a new orbit restitution
>using the current delivered measurements, if it is possible.
>
>Best regards
>
>Flavien and Adele

Hi Everyone,

I'm just looking at Topex, where I see some anomaly even when I use 
SLR only. Does anyone know of an event that is not being accounted 
for? There is evidence of large acceleration changes in my estimates, 
which are even more pronounced when I include DORIS. Unfortunately, 
as it usually happens, the SLR data is weak during the first few days 
of this cycle, so this makes the conclusions unreliable. If the DORIS 
data has a problem, this cycle is going to be really difficult to get 
right.

Best regards,
John