Subject: BADB performance / same results on other satellites
From: Pascal Willis <[email-masked]>
To: IDS_Analysis_Forum <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 11:12:02 -0800

Hi everybody,

the problem mentioned by John Ries concerning the larger DORIS 
residuals for DORIS station BADB is common to all DORIS satellites 
and not only to TOPEX (see enclosed figure, concerning 2004 BADB 
data).

The problem exists since the very beginning of the DORIS BADB station 
installation and has not evolved since then in a way or another.

It is not linked to station coordinates as these residuals are 
computed from free-network solutions (station coordinates and orbits 
estimated simultaneously) nor to DORIS-DORIS local tie. It just seems 
to be in the data themselves (stabilization of the ground 
oscillator?, different preprocessing thresholds?)

For the BADB station all residuals are systematically larger than 
usual (typically 0.6 mm/s compared to usually 0.45 mm/s for daily 
residuals).

Best regards
Pascal
-- 
Pascal Willis
Jet Propulsion Laboratory, MS 238-646     Ph : 1-818-393-4748
4800 Oak Grove Drive                      FAX: 1-818-393-4965
Pasadena CA 91109                         Em : [email-masked]