Subject: station CROB (Crozet Island) - latitude
From: Pascal Willis <[email-masked]>
To: IDS_Analysis_Forum <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 07:37:37 -0800

Dear colleagues,

it seems that the recent CROB station has a very strange behavior in 
latitude (see plot below) while the longitude and height look much 
more reasonable.

There was no a priori velocity to compare to in the DORISMail #299. 
Maybe a simple comparison with a plate tectonic model could help us 
understand what is going on at this site?

Is it possible that the antenna support is not operating properly and 
that the antenna is slowly tilting?

Would a north-south tilt be possible considering the orientation of the poles?

Do the other AC see a similar behavior? Or is it an artifact of the 
computation?

Thanks in advance for your opinion
Pascal

NB: people interested can do these plots directly from the stcd files 
available on-line at CDDIS at 
ftp://cddisa.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/doris/products/stcd/ign03wd01/ign03wd01.stcd.crob.Z

-- 
Pascal Willis
Jet Propulsion Laboratory, MS 238-646     Ph : 1-818-393-4748
4800 Oak Grove Drive                      FAX: 1-818-393-4965
Pasadena CA 91109                         Em : [email-masked]