Subject: Re: [ids.analysis.forum] Manilla station (MANB) / Tsunami Dec 26, 2004 ?
From: "H.Fagard" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 09:42:18 +0200

Dear colleagues,

At 7:58 -0700 7/06/05, Pascal Willis wrote:
>there is significant discontinuity in the latitude determination 
>(+6cm) that could be explained either due the effect on the large 
>Earthquake related to the Tsunami of December 26, 2004 or to some 
>antenna centering or stability issue of the MANB DORIS antenna 
>following construction work on the roof in October 2004.

 From the facts related and pictures provided by the host agency 
regarding the construction work on the roof, it seems that the 
northernmost of the three feet of the antenna's supporting tower may 
have gone down by a few mm, which would result in a few cm antenna 
shift towards north.
This antenna displacement will be confirmed at the end of June when 
an IGN surveyor travels to Manila in order to measure the antenna 
excentricity and fasten the tower's loose foot.

Best regards,

Hervé Fagard
-- 
======================================================================
Herve FAGARD                              e-mail : [email-masked]
Institut Geographique National
94165 SAINT-MANDE CEDEX                     PHONE : + 33 1 43 98 81 48
FRANCE                                        FAX : + 33 1 43 98 84 50
======================================================================