Subject: Re: [ids.analysis.forum] DOMES number change for Hartebeesthoek?
From: "John C. Ries" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 00:52:08 -0500

>Dear colleagues,
>
>In September the Hartebeesthoek DORIS station has been upgraded, 
>becoming the third Master Beacon in the network. This change 
>required that the antenna 4-char ID be incremented from HBKB to 
>HBLB, even though the antenna was not changed nor moved.
>In order to decide if a new DOMES number should be assigned or not 
>to this (identical) point I am asking the analysis centers point of 
>view.
>

Hi Herve,

My understanding is that, as far as DOMES numbering is concerned, we 
don't assign a new number just because of some change or even upgrade 
in the receiver, as long as the reference point is unchanged. This 
would not be a new 'occupation', in my opinion.

Best regards,
John