Subject: Re: [ids.analysis.forum] DOMES number change for Hartebeesthoek?
From: "H.Fagard" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 10:47:52 +0200

Hi all,

At 0:52 -0500 14/10/05, John C. Ries wrote:
>we don't assign a new number just because of some change or even 
>upgrade in the receiver, as long as the reference point is unchanged.

I agree with this principle, but see the possible minor drawback below.

At 10:09 +0200 14/10/05, Zuheir Altamimi wrote:
>That is exactly what I already said to Herve.

Yes Zuheir, but I nevertheless wanted to aks the analysis centers if 
this might cause them any trouble.

>The DOMES number will NOT change...!

OK, but the following minor drawback is worth mentionning:
As far as I know, our database (at IGN) can only handle one 4-CHAR ID 
(be it IGS or DORIS) per DOMES number. This means that we will have 
to replace the current HBKB acronym with HBLB.
Therefore HBKB will not show up in future ITRFXXXX releases, which 
list all points identified and classified by their DOMES number, but 
also shows the associated 4-CHAR ID for easier identification. I am 
wrong?

Hervé