Subject: Re: Dyonisos and other long-term observing DORIS stations
From: "H.Fagard" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 14:29:31 +0100

Dear all,

As the originator of this discussion I would like to thank all 
contributors for their very interesting and detailed arguments, but 
also kindly as them to:
- not quote the whole message they are replying to (we already have 
it, thanks), which makes the messages grow larger and larger, but 
quote only the points they are directly replying to, and reply after 
the lines you are answering (i.e. the answer after the question, 
makes sense doens't it? ;-)
- not include my address in the To or Cc list since I am a member of 
the GB: I receive messages twice, and now three times after Martine 
added the analysis forum in the distribution list.
Thanks in advance.

BTW, since all GB members are subscribed to the analysis forum, I 
have also removed [email-masked] from the consignees list.

Back to our discussion:

At 9:43 +0100 5/11/05, Martine Feissel-Vernier wrote:
>and stability analyses at
>                   http://lareg.ensg.ign.fr/IDS/ITRF2004/lcawd12.a.txt
>                   http://lareg.ensg.ign.fr/IDS/ITRF2004/ignwd05.a.txt
>                   http://lareg.ensg.ign.fr/IDS/ITRF2004/inawd03.a.txt
>
>Two columns may be of special interest in this discussion:
>- %Ms giving the percentage of missing weeks in the series
>- Stb ind (last column) giving the station stability index. Small
>stability indices are for stable stations.

Thanks Martine and Karine, this is definitely a rigorous evaluation tool.

Looking at the three files I see that DIOA ranks as follows stabilitywise:
- 74 out of 83 according to LCA analysis,
- 40 out of 82 according to IGN analysis,
- 32 out of 75 according to INA analysis,

Therefore it is far from being amongst the best, and I'm not sure we 
can put this down to a possible antenna unstability on its support. 
Dionysos is in a very active area tectonically speaking, so part of 
the unstability probably applies to the whole site. Unfortunately, 
even the best monumentation won't allow to avoid this...

Feedback from the geophysical community on the candidate sites would 
be most welcome (this was one of the objectives of setting up the 
Stations Selection Group).

Best regards,

Hervé