Subject: IDS Contribution to ITRF2004 / version 1.0
From: Pascal Willis <[email-masked]>
To: IDS_Analysis_Forum <[email-masked]>
Cc: Frank Lemoine <[email-masked]>, Richard Biancale <[email-masked]>, Serguei Kuzin <[email-masked]>, Ramesh Govind <[email-masked]>, Zuheir Altamimi <[email-masked]>, Jean-Jacques Valette <[email-masked]>, Hermann Drewes <[email-masked]>, Angermann <[email-masked]>, Meisel Barbara <[email-masked]>, Remy Ferland <[email-masked]>, Martine Feissel <[email-masked]>, Karine Le Bail <[email-masked]>, "John C. Ries" <[email-masked]>, Herve Fagard <[email-masked]>, Laurent Soudarin <[email-masked]>, IDS_G
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:07:19 -0800

Dear colleagues,

following the recommendations of the IERS CPP meeting in Postdam, we 
have written a specific document for Combination Centers 
(inter-technique such as ITRF2004 or intra-technique such as IDS 
combination) to describe major DORIS-station related problems:

- stations that should not be considered in the ITRF2004 combination
- period of observations to delete for some specific stations
- station coordinate discontinuities
- a proposal for a geodetic DORIS core network

At step, we provide explanations to justify our choices

There are also some files available in the ITRF format as well as a 
movie showing the time evolution of the proposed DORIS geodetic core 
network at the following address:

ftp://sideshow.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/pw7/ITRF2004/DORIS_core.mov

ftp://sideshow.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/pw7/ITRF2004/ids_period_to_delete.txt

ftp://sideshow.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/pw7/ITRF2004/ids_station_breaks.txt

Many thanks to those who provided earlier documents that were used in 
this analysis, especially Martine Feissel-Vernier for initiating a 
first synthesis of this type and also to all those who participated 
in the writing of this document and in the related discussions.

In our opinion, there is no doubt that this document will need to 
evolve in the future but at least it should be sufficient to insure a 
good quality of results for the ITRF2004. We will put it soon on the 
IDS Web site.

Best regards
Pascal Willis & Laurent Soudarin
-- 
Pascal Willis
Jet Propulsion Laboratory, MS 238-646     Ph : 1-818-393-4748
4800 Oak Grove Drive                      FAX: 1-818-393-4965
Pasadena CA 91109                         Em : [email-masked]