Subject: Updated Conventions chapter 6 on geopotential
From: Jim Ray "(NGS" 301-713-2850 "x112)" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 13:23:23 -0500 (EST)

Author: Jim Ray (forward of message from IERS)

For those who do not get IERS Messages, please note the new model for
the oceanic pole tide effect on the geopotential, which is now available.

----- Forwarded message from IERS Central Bureau -----

Subject: IERS Message No. 87: Information on the updates to the IERS Conventions
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 17:30:31 +0100
From: "IERS Central Bureau" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>

************************************************************************
IERS Message No. 87                                       March 16, 2006
************************************************************************

             Information on the updates to the IERS Conventions

The IERS Conventions center provides the following information on the 
updates to the IERS Conventions.

1. Chapter 6 "Geopotential" of the IERS Conventions has been updated on 
13 March 2006, see http://tai.bipm.org/iers/convupdt/convupdt_c6.html.
The new version now includes a new section 6.3 providing a model for the
Oceanic pole tide (from S. Desai and J. Chen). Work is under way to 
provide the corresponding update for Chapter 7 "Displacement of 
reference points".

2. Some new tools are available on the Conventions web site:
* The list of all updates to the IERS Conventions can be found at
  http://tai.bipm.org/iers/convupdt/listupdt.html.
* Starting with the present, all updates to the IERS Conventions will be
  announced on the IERS Conventions forum 
  http://tai.bipm.org/iers/forum/
  under the forum "Conventions updates". By subscribing to this 
  particular forum, users can be automatically warned at each new 
  update. Information on using the forum can be found at
  http://tai.bipm.org/iers/forum/index.php?t=tree&goto=42&S=fa8f193828df904aa9ca86570cbc832e

Gérard Petit and Brian Luzum
IERS Conventions center

************************************************************************
IERS Messages are edited and distributed by the IERS Central Bureau.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, please write to <[email-masked]>.
Archives: http://www.iers.org/iers/publications/messages/
************************************************************************

----- End of forwarded message from IERS Central Bureau -----