Subject: RE: estimating DORIS pole motion rates? 1-week preliminary results
From: "Daniel Gambis" <[email-masked]>(au lieu de Laurent Soudarin <[email-masked]>)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 12:31:03 +0100

Dear colleagues

The discussions we had last year within the GPS community showed that pole 
rates
were not useful to improve EOPs. According to the analyses I made, for 
interpolation
it is better to use a linear fit than using estimated pole rates. The 
situation is as you imagin
not better with DORIS than with GPS.
I attach thereafter 2 plots showing polar rates. You can see that DORIS 
pole rates are very noisy.
In DORIS data processing, there is probably a significant correlation 
between estimates of pole
and pole rates. I thus guess that estimating pole rates leads to a 
degradation of the pole components
derived and I would recommend NOT to estimate anymore pole rates.

Regards

Daniel

Click 
<https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/tvbwh0irbf9lxci447duvngyocm+qhgteq76pd8wphz3f+tczs0cudya2ltwh4grc3n3pgfww40el87omr+rr1xfml2dqj26y!jbnueyddlyaxxvf2lnrfapgmllh117v0ol2clc0e3bv7uiunulpwskwvy6ycalmwyvlyfk2wtryci3aw+iieygtybgecmqtycdcy3dehrqmrmtsqve3sl1jpapnlj6>here 
to report this email as spam.