Subject: Scaling of DORIS solution in ITRF 2005
From: Jean-Paul Berthias <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 12:24:56 +0100

Dear colleagues,

As you probably know from previous Emails we intend to use a scaled version of 
the ITRF2005 SLR solution as a reference for altimetry missions (Jason, Topex, 
Envisat). This raises a question for DORIS: should we scale the ITRF2005 
solution in the same way as for SLR or should we use the ITRF2005 DORIS solution 
as is ?

I personally do not favor a scaling of the DORIS solution for operational 
reasons: when new beacons are installed (and this happens regularly with DORIS) 
the only coordinates that are available for a long time are derived from GPS 
positioning. If we scale ITRF2005, we will not know what to do to these 
coordinates, scale them or not. If we use ITRF2005 as is for DORIS, we can 
legitimately use ITRF2005 GPS based coordinates to fill in for new stations. BUt 
this is not a very strong argument.

I would like to hear your comments on this issue. Please let me know if you have 
run tests with ITRF2005, with and without scaling (the scaling we intend to 
apply to SLR is -1 ppb) and what your results are.

Thank you for your help,
Jean-Paul

                           Cliquez sur l'url suivante 
https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/8mi2wjv9WXgzLefQKEgWoTjT69LCs7hQ2S+bEsdwd8y5bNzbHAYOyhlvgHww0BelyhARuP1bExGKycf0P+uH9271mXTFjmNLZzev7mFqpUg+pROVfgd83vGYIDiuddGwYoHeZcsYS8!AXGnYhXYVIdi0agiS9iORiQ!UTt1zqiN20PT5Pdq1oInJ6XTQO3PN6JA2skcZP6tUQ!tOgBPVpx5o8tYZyLb+  
                    si ce message est indésirable (pourriel).