Subject: Re: [ids.analysis.forum] DORIS ground marks survey tie
From: "John C. Ries" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 10:16:04 -0600

>Dear colleagues,
>
>For most (but not all) DORIS stations, the site log gives the XYZ 
>tie between the current antenna reference point, and the ground mark 
>(if any) below the antenna.
>As far as I know, this information is used only internally at IGN: 
>this is a benchmark we use to monitor changes of the antenna 
>centring, be they accidental (skew due to the corrosion of the 
>support, break) or intentional (antenna change). I don't think the 
>analysis centres use it, nor does the IERS when combining 
>multi-technique solutions.
>
>Would you mind if this information is no longer published in the 
>site logs in the future?

If it has no geodetic benefit, it seems reasonable to leave off.

Best regards,
JR

                           Cliquez sur l'url suivante 
https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/c9j+KSm+Gi5oMqJzm84NUv+TOZouFYoA6TH1O4pY25YD8aYMrbYGJM7rPGvqfFzfb5itCLYGRYLXJKSgnKkwlzRVSL!q9+XDbS4DWb602xoV33eOKXy!BxhqwEKvZylJ0bvpiXpU0KJIOcwaIs!ZRCx0j!ZkmPFihakQ2LBp00YVtweSD8D31Y3qdJNtkDpYoFjN9XZTJDjBO6A99jEC8lSW8Cx2VgcC  
                    si ce message est indésirable (pourriel).