Subject: Seminar on scientific activities at Ny-Alesund
From: "H.Fagard" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 14:27:24 +0200

Dear Colleagues,

Please find below a call for paper for a seminar on scientific 
activities carried out at Ny-Alesund, Spitsberg, Norway.

The website is http://www.antarctica.ac.uk/Meetings/2007/NySMAC/

As you know a DORIS station has operated at Ny-Alesund since the very 
beginning of DORIS.

Any research carried out using especially DORIS stations at high 
latitude, worth presenting at this seminar?

Best regards,

Hervé

>    *An Open Meeting
>    *
>
>
>    *Cambridge UK 16-18 October 2007*
>
>The International Arctic Research and Monitoring Station Ny-Ålesund, 
>Svalbard and the International Polar Year 2007 - 2008. A NySMAC 
>seminar open to scientists involved or interested in research at 
>Ny-Ålesund
>
>Hosted by the Natural Environment Research Council 
><http://www.nerc.ac.uk> (NERC) and the British Antarctic Survey 
><http://www.antarctica.ac.uk> (BAS) on 16th-17th October 2007 at the 
>Møller Centre, Cambridge, UK
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>    *Introduction*
>
>Message from the NySMAC chairman Professor Hajime Ito (National 
>Institute For Polar Research, Japan)
>
>/"Ny-Ålesund, in Spitsbergen Island (part of Svalbard) was reborn in 
>1991 as an International Arctic Research Village. It is a unique 
>science platform, where even a minor institution, which started the 
>polar research relatively late, can execute the observation with his 
>or her own initiative. Ny-Ålesund attracts ever-increasing number of 
>scientists from the world.
>
>Ny-Ålesund Arctic Research and Monitoring Station  The Ny-Ålesund 
>Science Managers Committee (NySMAC) was established in 1994. One of 
>the tools NySMAC is equipped with is its International Science 
>Seminar, focusing on topics related to research carried out in the 
>Ny-Ålesund area. NySMAC has a pleasure to convene the eighth Science 
>Seminar in this particular year of IPY 2007-2008 at Cambridge UK.
>
>Papers for the presentation at the Seminar are herewith called for. 
>The polar research in and around Ny-Ålesund in any discipline is 
>welcome. IPY 2007-2008 need not be included in the title of the 
>presentation explicitly, as every polar research is related to IPY."/