Subject: Re: [ids.analysis.forum] DORIS on-site meteorological data
From: Laurent soudarin <[email-masked]>
To: "H.Fagard" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 17:08:21 +0100

Dear Hervé,

>As you know all DORIS stations are equiped with an integrated 
>meteorological station measuring pressure, temperature and humidity.
>Installing and maintaining these equipments involves quite a bit of work 
>and expenses.
>A survey is being carried out with the users of DORIS data and products, 
>to assess how useful these in situ meteorological data are.
>I am therefore asking the analysis centers:
>- Do you use the temperature, pressure and humidity values measured by the 
>DORIS stations?

we don't used these data any longer, but outputs from ECMWF meterological 
model.

>- If you use these data:
>-- how do you handle missing data (e.g. when a sensor is out of order)?
>-- what would be the consequences on your analyses if such data were no 
>longer supplied for the whole network?

none, except maybe for comparison studies between the interpolated 
zenital  tropospheric delays from the ECMWF grids
and ZTD at the station derived from in-situ measurements.

Laurent

PS: Couldn't they be interesting for meteorological instituts? in 
particular, measurements from very isolated regions (Crozet...) ?