Subject: News about IDS combinations
From: Jean-Jacques Valette <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: IDS Governing board <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 15:24:53 +0200

Dear colleagues

Since the two last IDS Analysis Working Group meetings in March and 
June 2008, the analysts have been very active improving their 
software or processing data in preparation for ITRF2008, providing 
longer SINEX time series. One important news is that ESA/ESOC has 
recently delivered a one year series derived from SPOT's and Envisat. 
The following plot 
ftp://ftp.cls.fr/pub/ids-cls/Combinations/esawd01/T7P_5AC_sept08.gif 
shows the combination of the ESA/ESOC solution with those of the 
other analysis centers (IGN, LCA, GOP, and INA). One can see in the 
2005 weekly combination that 5 ACs may contribute to the IDS Earth 
reference frame activity. Two of them (IGN, CLS/LEGOS) deliver 
regular weekly solutions. We congratulate ESA/ESOC on their 
contribution, which is on par with the other analysis centers. It is 
extremely encouraging to have five confirmed contributors to the next 
ITRF solution. We invite the analysis centers, to provide an update 
on the processing activities, in advance of the IDS Workshop in Nice, 
France, so that the longest possible series will be available in 
advance of the meeting to prepare the combination for the meeting and 
prepare the IDS ITRF2008 contribution.

Regards

JJ. Valette & F. Lemoine

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jean-Jacques VALETTE ([email-masked])
    COLLECTE LOCALISATION SATELLITES
    8-10 Rue Hermès
    Parc Technologique du Canal
    31520 Ramonville St-Agne
    FRANCE
    Tel (+33) 05.61.39.47.62
    Fax (+33) 05.61.39.48.06
    <http://www.cls.fr>http://www.cls.fr
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------