Subject: [Fwd: [ids.analysis.forum] Beacon event: REUB]
From: "Pascal Willis" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 15:38:32 +0200 (CEST)

Dear all,

I confirm that the data problem raised by Laurent Soudarin is a major
problem for DORIS data processing when generating station coordinates
solutions (errors are up to 1 meter!). Thanks Laurent for checking and for
putting those plots on Internet

Looking at station coordinate residuals, I would suggest to delete DORIS
data from REUB
from 27-APR-2008 to 26-JUL-2008 (both included). This will be the
recommendation in the next update of DPOD2005

The good news is that after this period, data quality and results are back
to normal for REUB. So it seems that the cable connection was solved

The problem that I see is that it took 5 months for such a critical
information to be disseminated properly throughout the IDS Analysis
Centers.

My personnal conclusion is that we should discuss this issue briefly at a
future IDS meeting and find solutions to be more efficient in circulating
such warnings. It could come from :

- special care of groups in Toulouse to distribute important information
(not all the information, but specific warning when needed)

-better verifications by ACs of their internal products (I had similar
plots generated automatically but I did not check them for several months)

- automatic verification of any new SINEX solution by the combination
center (even if only 1 solution is available for this week)

- ...

Best regards
Pascal

---------------------------- Message original ----------------------------
Objet:   [ids.analysis.forum] Beacon event: REUB
De:      "Laurent Soudarin" <[email-masked]>
Date:    Ven 26 septembre 2008 17:31
À:       [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear colleagues,

REUB POE residuals increased from 0.45 mm/s to 0.9 mm/s between
24.04.2008 and 29.07.2008.
This was reported by the CNES operation coordination group as a
problem with the beacon connection.

You may look at the POE residuals at:
ftp://ftp.cls.fr/pub/ids/stations/statpoe/statpoe_sta_REUB_2008.pdf

Best regards,

Laurent

********************************************************************************************
Laurent Soudarin                          CLS
Tel : +33 (0)5 61 39 48 49             DT/MSS
Fax : +33 (0)5 61 39 48 06            Parc Technologique du Canal
e-mail: laurent.soudarin @ cls.fr     8-10 rue Hermes
                                                    31520 Ramonville
                                                    FRANCE
********************************************************************************************

-----------------------------
Pascal Willis
Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris
UFR STEP / GSP Bat Lamarck Case 7011
75205 Paris Cedex 13 France
Phone: +33-(0)1 57 27 84 81
Em: [email-masked]
http://www.ipgp.jussieu.fr/~willis
-----------------------------