Subject: Re: [ids.analysis.forum] TOPEX and Jason surface forces, again
From: "John C. Ries" <[email-masked]>
To: Frank Lemoine <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 22:19:18 -0600

Hi Everyone,

A couple of thoughts....

1) We should check the A/M for T/P vs Jason when including the solar 
array pitch bias. This reduces the effective array size significantly 
and decreases the A/M. If it turns out that the A/M for T/P is about 
the same or even smaller than Jason, perhaps the T/P series is just 
noisier and the periodicity is less clear.

2) In my test, the maximum deviations in Z (due to SRP modeling 
errors) corresponded to large beta prime angles, rather than low. The 
phase in the Jason time series should be checked against beta prime 
to see if this holds true. In the higher beta-prime angles, I would 
expect the cross-track perturbations become more dominant from SRP. 
So what is peculiar about the higher beta prime geometry, for Jason, 
that affects Z? Remko notes that the radiator orientations. Again, it 
may not be that T/P is immune but rather the time series is not as 
clear, but could the radiator layout be relevant?

Best regards,
John